Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

Fashion LookBook : Day 8 - fashion inspiration

Hey guys, long time no post! Sincerest apologies, I've just been really busy (and lazy...) LOL. Nothing much has changed since my last few posts really, except that I've started gyming again and have come down from 63.7kg to 62.6kg. On the 26th of June 2013 when I completed my Wednesday a Week weight challenge I weighed that in the morning, and this evening I weighed 62.6kg - if I had have weighed in the morning it would've been even less. So that's at least one positive - losing anything is better than gaining. I've also been trying to eat more healthily with less cheats and less carbs. On the days that I have cereal for breakfast, I have a salad and fruit for lunch; the days I have pasta salad and fruit for lunch, my mom makes me a smoothie for breakfast. Either way I try to have minimum to no carbs at supper. 

It's really great to know that I have inspired quite a few of my friends to change their lifestyles and start eating healthily as well, because it's much easier to do together. My friends also inspire me though. Two of my best friends I met this year, who have become a huge part of my life, inspired today's outfit.

My famous Gangsta boots broke this week, so I had to take them in to be re-soled. This sucked a whole lot more than you think, because I have NO other warm, winter shoes! I ended up pulling the "I'm going to gym" thing for two days in a row and wore a tracksuit with takkies all day. Today thankfully had no rain forecast, so I could wear my Tommys.


A while ago I asked my gran to donate all her jerseys that she doesn't wear anymore to me. One of them is a dusty blue colour with random patterns around the neck going down in really bright colours. I never really liked it because it reminded me of a clown, but Jodi gushed over it so much that it inspired me to wear it and see what response I would get from everyone else. Sula often wears collared tops with big, knitted jerseys with Tommy takkies. I borrowed this look of Sula's and paired my jersey with my white collared top to match my white Tommys.


I'm still slightly skeptical and feel like a clown, but let me know what you think!

Fashion inspiration can really come from anywhere. Sitting at a coffee shop watching people go by is a great way to get ideas. Movies and celebrities are great too. A friend introduced me to a site called Lookbook: "The #1 source for fashion inspiration from real people around the world." 

Looking at bloggers from over seas puts you in the know for upcoming fashion trends. I noticed one of my favourite American bloggers wearing boyfriend jeans about a month ago, and they're only starting to pick up here now.

If you have an idea for an outfit (inspired by someone else or not) go for it and wait to see what people say. If it's a hit, great. If it's a miss, just don't wear it again! Go with your gut, and at the end of the day it's you who must be happy with your look anyway, not anyone else. Use inspiration from others to conjure up your own unique style. You never know who might be inspired by YOU!

Have a fanTAStic Friday
Roxy X

No comments:

Post a Comment