Pages

Sunday 1 September 2013

Fashion Lookbook : Day 9 - The Inspiration of the Granny Boots + Wearing a Dress as a Top

As I said in a previous post, my famous Gangsta boots have been sent in for repairs. I got 2 pairs of Tommy takkies in compensation to wear to varsity seen as that I have no other 'winter' shoes - and didn't want to spend a lot of money. Of course both pairs' size 8 is too small for this giant over here. For short spans of time I can live, but after a 4 hour mall sesh my feet were broken! What's a girl to do? Why, go visit Granny, of course.

My dearest Granny lent me her brown ugg boots that have a proper thick sole and white woolly stuff on the inside. Perfect for rainy varsity days! Unfortunately the boots are a size 7 so my feet STILL break, but hey at least they warm! Only when I had to plan my outfit for the next day did I realize what the REAL problem was ... I own nothing brown!

Whilst searching high and low through my (and my mom's) cupboard, I came across the leopard print dress I wore to my matric dance after party. My stocking are laddered, so that was a no-go. I decided that this was my best option, and that I'd just have to make it work.

I first tried tucking the skirt in to my jeans, but it was too long. Then I tried pulling the skirt up and laying it flat over my tummy with the top part over, but that was awkward. Eventually I found the solution. I pulled the skirt part properly over my jeans and then folded it over twice. The end product looked like I was just wearing a longer-length black top underneath! Result! 




I ended up happy with the result, and hey, I found a new top! Even though sending my boots in forced me to make this discovery, I got them back yesterday and am VERY happy that my babies have come home.

Have a great week
Roxy X


No comments:

Post a Comment