Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

Cotton On - Stellies ; plus cheaper alternatives

Firstly, apologies for neglecting my blog for the past month. Secondly, if you're a 'student sonder sente' like me, don't even bother reading this post. Today I was reminded, yet again, why I only buy things on sale at Cotton On.

The shop itself is absolutely beautiful: well-lit with pretty pictures and attention to detail. Very modern and chic compared to boring old Woolies and Edgars. Downstairs (the female section) is very full, but upstairs (male) is spacious and cool. 

There is a large variety, because it is a large store. I'm not even joking when I say it's probably ten times the size of our sad little Somerset West shoppie. There are both winter clothes and summer clothes available, as well as a large range of shoes.

There are some 2-for-1 specials, which aren't that bad:

2x leggings = R180
2x tops = R250
2x high wasted skirts = R250

There are also nice colourful elasticated headbands for R50 that I definitely recommend,  especially if you don't want to spend so much money. 

The only sale item I spied was mens' hoddies that were R250 on 50% off sale, and R125 for a hoody these days is a steal. 

Even though everything else is super pricey, I would advise you to still stop by every time you get the chance. I bought a pair of beautiful dark green skinnies on sale for R100, and my friend got red ones for a crazy R50 just last week. When Cotton On has old stock they need to get rid of, they put the items out front and mark them down ridiculously. It is because of these sales that I am still a fan of Cotton On.

A birdy told me that there is going to be a sale tomorrow, so head on down to check it out. Feel free to let me know if you hit the jackpot!

On the contrary, dresses identical to the plain ones on sale at Cotton On for R120 can be found 2-for-1 for R140 at Fashion Express. I have to also mention that Pick 'n Pay Clothing has THEE most beautiful formal-ish dresses for under R150 - to the extent that I literally want to buy one of each! Factorie also has high wasted skirts for under R150 if I'm not mistaken. So just a reminder that before you get caught up in the Cotton On excitement, first consider if it's worth it to spend so much on a single item of clothing. 

In other sale news in Eikestad Mall, Edgars is having a 33% off all jeans sale, and Fashion Express is having a 33% off all shoes sale. Typo (even though it's not really fashion) is also having a 33% off everything sale as well.

Here is an example of the dresses also available at Fashion Express (this is a picture of a top but the dresses are just a bit longer)

The black dress is but one of the beauties being sold at Pick 'n Pay clothing at the moment. 


Have a great Friday, and happy shopping!
Roxy X

No comments:

Post a Comment