Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

Fashion LookBook : Day 1 - Lend From a Friend

The point of my blog is to show you how I make cool new outfits without having to go out and buy a new wardrobe. I actually wanted to wear a new jersey my Gran knitted for my first fashion post, but my dearest boyfriend and I had a sushi-date-day today and he told me very bluntly that "Granny jerseys make you look like a granny". So I compromised. Instead... I wore my Mom's top!

One day when Rijk and I were walking in the mall, he asked me if I ever bought clothes at Donna Claire. Highly offended, I cracked up laughing because I quickly realized that he had no idea Donna Claire is a shop for the 'fuller figure'. The top of my Mom's that I borrowed is plain white, from Donna Claire. I decided that it fitted the look I was going for because it's over sized and therefore long enough to cover my rear.

The scarf is certainly one of my favourite winter buys, and I definitely recommend it. It is a black knitted infinity scarf / snood that I bought from Cotton On about two weeks ago for R50. I was at Somerset Mall today and R50 is cheap for a scarf, believe me!

Underneath the white top I wore what I like to call a 'shloep-top'. This strappy, stretchy top from Edgars is really handy, all year round. It's great for layering because it can stretch to be long or short. I call it a 'shloep-top' because if you buy the smallest size, it literally 'shloeps' all your bits in and smooths them out, giving the illusion that you're skinnier! YES!

I just wore normal leggings, my now famous Gangsta Boots and black socks.

I enjoyed this look because it was pretty quick and easy to put together, and it wasn't uncomfortable at all. I spent all day walking around the mall (and eating too much sushi) and it worked well. And Rijk said that I looked pretty today (awwwwww).


Looking forward to tomorrow's outfit, hope you are too!
Roxy X

No comments:

Post a Comment