Pages

Thursday 30 May 2013

Fashion Lookbook : Day 3 - Check this

Today I went through to Cape Town with my friends to meet my new boss and sign the contract etc. I wanted to look formal and well presented, but without trying too hard.

The first word that comes to mind when I hear the word formal is 'blazer'. I opted for the biggest blazer I own so that I could pile the jerseys on underneath. The blazer is a hand-me-down from a friend, and was probably boyfriend style on them but it's in between for me because I'm tall (awkward). If I had have bought it for myself I would most likely have got it three sizes smaller, but it is what it is.

To make the blazer more fitted, I woke up early to iron the collars. I pulled the collars further away from the middle of the blazer and ironed them into place. 


The checks make the blazer a lot less formal though, as do the 3/4 sleeves. I would've worn my black jeggings rather than the blue ones, because the blue jeggings are more casual, but I left them at a friend's house (woops). 

Even though I ended up looking very not-formal, I felt happy and colourful because everyone else out in the gross weather was wearing black and grey, such booooooring colours. 
I also felt happy and colourful, though, because we pit-stopped at Charly's Bakery.



Guess who you'll see at gym for the next 5 weeks...
Roxy X

No comments:

Post a Comment