Pages

Sunday 2 June 2013

Fashion Lookbook : Day 4 - Champagne Showers

Today we went to the One & Only Hotel for high tea for a late Mothers' Day outing. Good excuse to dress up! Yippeeeeeee

I wore black leggings, a turquoise short sleeved sheer shirt, and a black long sleeved, long top jacket thingy. I got the jacket thingy from Cotton On - it was on a 'buy 3 for R250' sale. I love it because it's long so it's great to wear with leggings. The only thing is, it's very thin, so not good for days like today. Will be great for summer though! The scarf I borrowed from my Mom. That's what moms are for! I think she bought it from Woolies, and it's really cute because you can wear it with blues or purples, or neutrals.

I found this coat in my Mom's cupboard. My Gran had given it to us ages ago and we'd both forgotten about it for a good few years. I've grown into it, and I've grown to love it, too! It's still a bit big, but the belt cinches it in at the waist nicely

These photos were taken very hurriedly in the bathroom though, and my mother dearest is not the most flattering photographer. Let's just blame it on that! *winks



We ordered the buffet high tea, but ordered extra champagne to celebrate. Can you believe it cost R350 for five glasses? My word we almost died when we got the bill! At least it was good though, but still!


Being in this fancy place, my Mom was saying that it makes you appreciate what you have, and be content with it. My cousin, Candice, and I completely disagreed. It just motivated us to work harder so that we wouldn't even have to blink at a trillion rand's worth of champagne! 
Well, that said, I'm off to study... Tomorrow!
Roxy X

No comments:

Post a Comment